- Hammel Museum - 2 minutes
- National Radio Astronomy Observatory - 4 minutes
- New Mexico Tech Golf Course - 4 minutes
- Old San Miguel Mission - 4 minutes
- Bosque del Apache National Wildlife Refuge - 12 minutes
- El Camino Real Historic Trail Site - 15 minutes
- Albuquerque International Sunport - 50 minutes
Hammel Museum, a retired brewery, is SCHS' headquarters. Brewmasters Jakob Hammel and Eberhard Anheuser emigrated together from Bavaria in the mid-19th century and eventually established separate breweries. Jacob Hammel set up business in Illinois in about 1870.
El Camino Real Historic Trail Site
The El Camino Real Historic Trail Site is a center about the culture and history about the El Camino Real trail and the colonization of New Mexico.
Albuquerque International Sunport
Albuquerque International Sunport is a public airport 3 miles southeast of downtown Albuquerque, in Bernalillo County, New Mexico, United States. It is the largest commercial airport in the state, handling 5,888,811 passengers in 2009.